According to Hatayspor team doctor, Gurbey Kahveci, Ghana international Christian Atsu is yet to be seen following the devasting earthquake in Turkey earlier this week.
The 31-year-old was reported to have been pulled out from wreckage on Tuesday, February 6, after 26 hours, calming fears among Ghanaians. Turkish media reported the player was pulled out alive and had only suffered injuries, adding that he was taken to the hospital.
However, Kahveci, who is the team doctor of the club Atsu plays for, on Wednesday, said both the player and sporting director, Taner Savut are still yet to be found.
“When we heard the news that “he was taken to Dortyol Hospital”, we especially went and looked, but it was not there. At the moment, we accept that [the sporting director] Taner Savut and Christian Atsu were not found, unfortunate,” he said