The Northern Regional correspondent for Atinka Media Village, Mr. Nurudeen Ibrahim was over the weekend enskinned as the Dagbon Students Association (DASA) Chief of the Tamale Technical University branch.
Mr. Nurudeen Ibrahim is a level 200 student pursuing Media and Communication Studies at the Tamale Technical University.
The occasion that brought together Chiefs, members of DASA from other Universities and Second Cycle Institutions witnessed display of culture by the students from the Tamale Technical University.
Various dignitaries who graced the occasion admonished students to take their academic work serious in order to become successful in life to push for the development of Dagbon.
The Patron for TaTU DASA, Professor Razak bemoaned the dying culture among Dagomba students and called for a drastic change. He disclosed that being a member of DASA comes with several benefits and that every Dagomba student should endeavor to be a member.
He thus advised DASA members not to allow sectionalism separate them since that will not inure to the development of themselves and Dagbon at large.
On his part, the Northern Regional Chairman of the Ghana Journalists Association, Mr. Yakubu Abdul-Majeed said the enskinment of a journalist as the Chief of DASA is a legacy for him and that the new Chief should lead with the ethics of the profession.
Mr. Majeed also admonished students to stick to their studies, adding knowledge is power. He observed while the students pursue their academic success, they should also learn their culture in order to impact on others.
Speaking to NTV News, the new DASA Chief of TaTU who happens to be the Editor-in-cheif of thenorthernweb.com, Naa Ibrahim Nurudeen said he will do his possible best to project the association. He added he will use this year’s Damba festival to showcase the rich cultural heritage of Dagbon to the rest of the world through a special program on campus.
Chief Nurudeen also lamented on the fact most Dagomba students on campus are reluctant in pushing the agenda of DASA, adding he will work towards changing the status quo.
He also appealed to sons and daughters of Dagbon to support the various Associations of Dagbon Students across various universities since many members have dropped out of school due to financial constraints.
The Association comprises of all students from Dagbon and Nanung of Dagomba or Nanumba descent in the in the Northern part of Ghana, or any other person who has the development of Dagbon at heart.
LISTS OF HND NEWLY SWORN-IN DASA EXECUTIVES.
1. Ibrahim Nurudeen – DASA Naa (Cheif)
2. Alhassan Zurika – Wulana
3. Fuseini Alhassan – President
4. Tahidu Yussif – Organizer
5. Mohammed Tofiq – PRO
6. Mohammed Haadi – Vice President
7. Sulemana Fatimata – Na’Pag
8. Mustapha Mohammed Hafiz – Zaachi
9. Sayibu Zenabu – Kom’lana
10. Yakubu Yazida – Gmagazia
11. Ibrahim Ruhiya – Naa Maa
12. Iddrisu A. Fatawu – Saha Naa
13. Fuseini Mohammed Awal – Secretary
14. Mohammed Awal Mubarik – Deputy Secretary
15. Fuseini Osman Damba – Deputy Organizer
16. Yussif Abubakar Sadiq – Dema-Naa
INTERMEDIATE DASA EXECUTIVES.
1.Yakubu Alhassan – Chief
2.Abu Mohammed Amin – President
3. Mohammed Abdulai – Secretary
4. Mohammed Ali – Imam
5. Yahaya Hanan – Wulana
6. Bawa mubarik – Kamo naa
7. Abubakari Zurkanain – Pro
8.Yussif Yakubu – organizer
9. Azindoo iddirisu Alhassan sibdow – Dema Na
10.Yussif Fawaz – Malgu Naa
11. Issahaku Yakubu – Treasure
12. Yussif Rashid – Saha Naa
13. Issahaku Mohammed – Kpana Lana
14. Yussif Rashid – Saha Naa
15. Hudu Abdul Kadir sapashini
16. Issahaku Mohammed – Kpana Lana
17. Fuseini Adam – Jahanfo
18. Mohammed Gafaru – Zagyuri Naa
19. Issahaku Khadijah – Napaha
20. Abdul Salam Amina – Kom’lana
21. Abubakari Safia – Girls Secretary
22. Mohammed Faiza – Treasurer
23. Shea Asiya – Gaazia
24. Mohammed Hadija – Naa Ma
25. Abdul Rahman Faiza – Girls Councilor
Source: Abubakari Sadik Righteousness