The National Lottery Authority(NLA) would like to caution the Public, Media Organizations and individuals not to fall victim to the operations and activities of lotto fraudsters who are using different platforms and communication strategies to dupe unsuspecting Ghanaians.
These Lotto fraudsters and social media miscreants use radio stations, television stations, Online platforms, Facebook, WhatsApp Platforms and other channels such as text messages, email and telephone calls.
The lotto fraudsters and social Media miscreants have defrauded a lot of unsuspecting people through several Facebook accounts/pages, WhatsApp platforms and other social media handles they have created using the:
1. Name and Logo of National Lottery Authority(NLA) in different formats.
2. Pictures of Hon. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw, the Director-General of the National Lottery Authority(NLA).
3. Pictures and images of Staff
4. Imposters who dress as Staff of the Authority.
The lotto fraudsters and Social media miscreants are able to convince greedy people who want to be rich overnight to make Mobile Money Transfers to them in exchange for Winning Lotto Numbers.
The National Lottery Authority(NLA) would like to state categorically that:
1. It has NOT authorized nor appointed any individual or group of individuals to offer winning lotto numbers to the public. Lottery is a game of chance and it is very impossible to foretell winning numbers before draws.
2. the Authority does NOT have Facebook accounts/pages.
3. the Authority has NOT created any WhatsApp Groups.
4. the Authority does NOT have Twitter handle.
5. the Authority has NOT designed a Registration form for the public to register for winning Lotto numbers.
6. the outcome of draws are conducted in a very open and transparent manner and it is always open to the public for witnessing at 6:30pm daily for original 5/90 and 7:30am daily for NLA VAG Lotto except Sundays and public holidays.
7. It is absolutely false that NLA Staff, lotto fraudsters and social media miscreants have access to winning lotto numbers.
8. Hon. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw, the Director-General of NLA is NOT on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms.
The National Lottery Authority(NLA) shall NOT be responsible for any losses incurred by unsuspecting people who are defrauded by these lotto fraudsters and social media miscreants.
The National Lottery Authority(NLA) would like to urge the Public to be more vigilant, avoid greed and discontinue engaging the services of the lotto fraudsters and social media miscreants.
Finally, we would like to appeal to the Ghana Police Service and other Security Agencies to help in curtailing the activities and operations of the lotto fraudsters and social media miscreants.
Issued by: Public Relations Unit of NLA
Source: Broadcastergh.com/Ayisah Foster