The way and manner in which President Akufo-Addo is addressing the issues of Coronavirus pandemic has greatly exposed the incompetence of John Mahama, the 2020 Presidential candidate for the National Democratic Congress(NDC).
It is so funny when some elements of the opposition Party compares Ebola to Coronavirus as if they do not know the difference between Pandemic and Epidemic.
Coronavirus is pandemic unlike Ebola which was an epidemic. Currently, Coronavirus has affected the lives of over 1, 275, 146 resulting in the deaths of about 69, 503 people.
Ebola was an Epidemic which affected the lives of about 28, 646 resulting in the deaths of about 11, 323 people mainly in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, UK, Spain, Italy, United States of America.
The magnitude of leadership demonstrated by NPP Government in this era of Coronavirus pandemic has proven beyond reasonable doubt that President Akufo-Addo shall be the obvious choice for the good people of Ghana comes December 7, 2020.
Some of the quality and exemplary leadership exhibited by President Akufo-Addo include:
1. Setting up of the National COVID-19 Trust Fund to aid the Government’s fight against the spread of Coronavirus pandemic in Ghana.
2. No Water Bills for 3 Months, that is, Ghanaians to enjoy free water for 3 months.
3. Free transportation for Health Workers.
4. Three(3) Months Tax Holiday for Health Workers.
5. GHC 350, 000.00 insurance package for each health personnel and allied professional at the forefront of the fight against the Coronavirus outbreak.
6. Daily allowance of one hundred and fifty cedis to contact tracers.
7. All frontline health workers to receive an additional allowance of 50% of their basic salary per month for March, April, May and June 2020.
8. 400 personnel drawn from the Police, Military, Fire Service and Prison Service to embark on cleaning of gutters, collection and disposal of garbage from homes, public places, markets and vehicle terminals.
9. Empowering Local Firms to produce Hand Sanitizers and Personal Protective Equipment(PPEs).
10. Collaboration with the local Pharmaceutical Companies.
11. Global Recognition for Ghana.
Ghana’s President, Akufo-Addo became the World’s favourite with his Coronavirus quote, ” We know how to bring the economy back to life. What we do not know is how to bring people back to life”
Does John Mahama knows how to bring the economy back to life? Absolutely NOT. John Mahama is the key destroyer of Ghana’s economy.
Razak Kojo Opoku
(CVM Founder and President)