The National Democratic Congress has become aware of some pedestrian and mischievous lies peddled by the Vice President, Dr. Mahumudu Bawumia in a viral video, while addressing NPP supporters at a campaign rally at Kumawu over the weekend.
Ordinarily, one ought not to dignify such useless rhetoric coming from Alhaji Bawumia with any response but given the high office he occupies and his penchant for mischief, we deem it necessary to set the records straight so unsuspecting Ghanaians are not hoodwinked by his lies yet again.
1.) CLAIM 1: “NDC Built only Two (2) factories but the NPP has built over 150 factories”
This claim by the Vice President is a barefaced lie. For the records, the erstwhile NDC/Mahama administration established strategic, high priority State-owned factories that anchored growth in key sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
The following State-owned factories were established by the erstwhile NDC/Mahama administration:
* The $1 billion-dollar Atuabo Gas processing plant
* Elmina Fish processing plant
* Buipe Sheanut factory
* Komenda sugar factory
* Revamping of the Kumasi shoe factory among others.
It is an undisputable fact that the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia/NPP government has not built even one state-owned factory since they took office on 7th January, 2017. Their record relative to the establishment of state-owned factories is zilch. The claim by Dr. Bawumia that this NPP government has built over 150 factories is therefore palpable falsehood.
We must hasten to point out to the Vice President that if his so-called 150 factories claim relates to government’s poorly-implemented 1D1F program, then he needs to educate himself and cure his own ignorance about the nature of their so-called 1D1F initiative. This is because, none of the said 1D1F factories, was actually built by the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government.
On the contrary, 1D1F projects are purely private sector initiatives which are supported by government/state agencies in one way or the other. While some of the projects under the 1D1F are new projects, most of them are existing companies/factories. What Bawumia must understand is that, facilitating and/or supporting a private initiative as has been half-heartedly done by the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government under the 1D1F initiative, is not the same as building a factory.
It is instructive to note that several of the factories under 1D1F which government claims to be operational, have been found by several media networks who have probed the issue to be either non-existent or non-functional. We shall in the coming days embark on a full-scale expose’ on the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia NPP monumental 1D1F scam.
On the other hand, if the basis of Bawumia’s claim was about new and/or existing factories whose establishments and operations were facilitated by government, then he lied, as the facts show that the erstwhile NDC government rolled out a robust plan of public-private partnerships and provided stimulus packages for over a hundred (120) factories operating in various sectors of the economy as listed in the table below:
LIST OF 120 FACTORIES / COMPANIES FACILITATED AND SUPPORTED BY THE MILLS/MAHAMA NDC ADMINISTRATION
1. ADA TOMATO FACTORY PROJECT FIRST GREENHOUSE
RESEARCH EXPERIMENT FOR TOMATO PRODUCTION
2. AGRI PROCESSING LIMITED MANUFACTURES ORGANIC COSMETICS.
3. AVNASH INDUSTRIES LIMITED PRODUCES EDIBLE OILS, RICE, SOAP,
BUTTER AND OTHER PRODUCTS.
4. AYENSU STARCH COMPANY LIMITED STARCH-PROCESSING FACTORY
5. BUIPE SHEA NUT FACTORY PROCESSES SHEA BUTTER,
SHEA OILS AND OTHER DERIVATIVES.
6. COCOA TOUTON
COMPANY GHANA LIMITED MANUFACTURES COCOA-DERIVED FOOD INGREDIENTS
7. DARLOW ENTERPRISES CULTIVATES
INDIGENOUS AND MICRO PROPAGATED BAMBOO AT HIGH DENSITY.
8. DIHOC FOOTWEAR
(FORMERLY KUMASI SHOE
FACTORY) RODUCES FOOTWEAR
9. DIGNITY APPAREL GHANA LIMITED MANUFACTURES MEN’S
T-SHIRTS, WOMEN’S T-SHIRTS, YOUTH TSHIRTS, MEN’S POLO SHIRTS, WOMEN’S
POLO-SHIRTS, YOUTH POLO-SHIRTS,
SHORTS USING THE BEST CUT AND SEW TECHNOLOGY.
10. ECO ROOFING COMPANY LIMITED MANUFACTURES AND SELLS
STEEL ROOF-TILE CALLED ‘ECO
11. ELIMINA FISH PROJECT FISH-PROCESSING PROJECT
12. FABRIMETAL GHANA LTD. MANUFACTURER OF (THERMO
STRENGTH REBARS, TMT® REBARS,
THERMO MECHANICALLY TREATED
BARS, AND MERCHANT BARS USED TO
COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, AND CIVIL
13. FREROX INVESTMENT LIMITED AGRO-PROCESSING COMPANY.
14. FUJIAN SENTUO TILE
MANUFACTURING COMPANY TILE
15. GHANA NATIONAL GAS COMPANY MID-STREAM GAS BUSINESS COMPANY
16. GLOBAL AGRICULTURE
COMPANY, COPA CONNECT
AND FINATRADE SA
GHANA PADDY RICE MILLING
17. GOLD COAST REFINERY GHANA LIMITED LARGEST
GOLD REFINERY IN WEST AFRICA
18. GREEN CROP FARMING GHANA LTD PROCESSES CHIA SEEDS
19. HOMEPRO (GH) COMPANY LIMITED PRODUCES TWO BRANDS
OF WASHING POWDER WITH OVER 20 SPECIFICATIONS
20. IMPERIAL ALLOYS GHANA LTD MANUFACTURES MULTIPLE
GRADES OF ALUMINIUM ALLOY INGOTS AND COPPER RODS
21. KEMMANT VENTURE PRODUCER AND DISTRIBUTOR OF DISINFECTANTS.
22. KOMENDA SUGAR FACTORY SUGAR-PROCESSING FACTORY.
23. KUBE COCO PRODUCTS LIMITED PROCESSING OF
COCONUT AND OTHER AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS.
24. LECARO INTERNATIONAL LTD PRODUCES WOODEN PALLETS
AND CRATES, FLOORING MATERIALS
25. MARUNA FOODS AND BEVERAGES LTD FOOD
26. MIVISA WEST AFRICA LIMITED MANUFACTURES METAL CANS
27. MKB COMMODITIES COMPANY LIMITED MANUFACTURES PALM
FATTY ACID DISTILLATE (PFAD)
28. NEW GLOBAL
PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING
29. PLATON GAS OIL GHANA LIMITED DOWNSTREAM
PETROLEUM COMPANY THAT TESTS
AND REFINES CRUDE OILS
AND FOSSIL FUELS
30. QZ FARM LIMITED CULTIVATES, SUPPLIES AND PROCESSES MUSHROOMS.
31. RAANAN FISH FEED – WEST AFRICA FISH-FEED PRODUCER
32. RIDER STEEL LIMITED PRODUCES STEEL AND IRON RODS.
33. SADA TRICYCLE
ASSEMPLING PLANT TRICYCLE ASSEMBLING PLANT
34. SAHARA ROYAL GOLD REFINERY REFINES
GOLD, SILVER AND MANUFACTURES JEWELRY
35. SAVANNAH DIAMOND CEMENT FACTORY CEMENT
36. SEBSHA GHANA LIMITED SHEA BUTTER PROCESSING COMPANY
37. SENTUO STEEL LIMITED STEEL FABRICATION
38. SHEAXEEN NATURALS ENTERPRISE PRODUCES SOAP AND BODY CARE PRODUCTS
39. SPRINGS & BOLTS COMPANY LIMITED MANUFACTURING AND MARKETING OF AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
40. SUNDA STEEL FACTORY RODUCES STEEL, IRON RODS, NAILS AND ROOFING SHEETS
41. TECNO TELECOM GHANA LIMITED PRODUCES DUAL-SIM MOBILE PHONES
PROVIDES TAILOR-MADE AND CUTTING
42. TWYFORD GHANA CERAMICS PRODUCE CERAMIC AND PORCELAIN
43. UNIQUE QUALITY PRODUCT ROCESSES AND MARKETS FONIO
44. UNIVERSAL PLASTIC
RECYCLING LTD RECYCLING OF PLASTICS TO PRODUCE
VARIOUS SIZES AND TRASH BIN LINERS,
PLASTICS, FURNITURE AND
45. USIBRAS GHANA LIMITED CASHEW NUT PROCESSING COMPANY
46. VIRGIN TROPICS PRODUCES HERBAL SOAP & OINTMENTS.
47. WANGKANG GHANA
CERAMIC LIMITED PRODUCES FLOOR
TILES, TOILET BOWLS AND OTHER
CERAMIC PRODUCTS USING
LOCAL RAW MATERIALS SUCH AS
LIMESTONE, KAOLIN CLAY,
FELDSPAR AND SILICA
48. WESTPARK LIGHT MANUFACTURING,
VALUE-ADDED INDUSTRIAL AND
COMMERCIAL SPACE AND
OTHER ACTIVITIES (TOTAL
49. PBC SHEA PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
50. TIBERIAS LTD PROCESSING OF FRUIT JUICE
51. MONAD MEDICAL SERVICES PRODUCTION OF – BIOCHEMICALS FOR MOSQUITOES
52. BOLGA BASKET WEAVERS
ASS. WEAVING OF BOLGA BASKETS
53. KUKUO TUNTEEYA WOMEN
ASS PROCESSING OF RICE
54. LAHAGU BORIMANG WOMEN ASS. PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
55. RAWW.LTD PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER INTO COSMETICS
56. SUMKDYUS LTD RECYCLING OF PLASTIC WASTE
57. TAMANAA FOUNDATION PROCFSSING OF RICE
58. SEEDPAG PROCESSING OF CEREALS INTO CERTIFIED SEEDS
59. TAKHILLA FARM ESTATES NUTS AND SEEDS LTD PROCESSING OF SHEABUTTER
60. T1BZAA PTY LTD POULTRY AND FEED PROCESSING
61. WAYAMBA YANKAZIA WOMEN ASS. PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
62. TUNTEEYA WOMEN ASS. PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
63. SHISHEGU YELATAGARA WOMEN ASS. PROCESSING OF RICE
64. YUMZAA WOMEN ASS. PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
65. GURUGU YAPALA PROCESSING OF RICE
66. VOLTA FOREST PRODUCTS TIMBER
67. TEANZA INDUSTRIES LIMITED COCONUT OIL
68. CALTECH VENTURES LIMITED CASSAVA
69. AGLOW FARMS LIMITED POULTRY
70. DAGAN FARMS GHANA
71. NOURISHER PROCESSING CO. LTD FRUIT JUICE
72. BIBIANI LOGGING AND LUMBER COMPANY LTD LUMBER, VENEER, PLYWOOD
73. ASAMOAH AND YAMOAH FARMS LTD LIVE POULTRY
74. APPAH FARMS LIMITED POULTRY
75. HOME FOODS PROCESSING & CANNERY LTD FOODSTUFFS
76. MAAGRACE GARMENT
INDUSTRIES LTD GARMENTS
77. MAHOB HOLDINGS
COMPANY LIMITED COCOA PROCESSING
78. REBECCA FASHION
MANUFACTURING LIMITED MANUFACTURING OF SYNTHETHIC HAIR PRODUCTS
79. LUCKY 1888 MILLS LTD GARMENT MANUFACTURING
80. BUKER VENTURES LTD PROCESSING OF AFRICAN FOODS
81. RUBBER PLANTATIONS GHANA LTD PROCESSING RUBBER INTO LATEX
82. ANSTYLE BIOFUEL LTD WOOD PELLET PRODUCTION
83. LINTILES WEST LTD CLINICAL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
84. INFONALIGY GHANA LTD IT SERVICES AND BUSINESS OUTSOURCING
85. PIONEER QUALITY FARMS LTD PROCESSING OF PINEAPPLE
86. BERRAK MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD MANUFACTURING OF DETERGENTS, COSMETICS AND STAIN REMOVERS
87. STERLING INTERNATIONAL LTD MANUFACTURING OF PAINTS
88. BUSYLAB LIMITED SOFTWARE
89. WEST AFRICAN
AUTOMOTIVE & LOGISTICS GHANA LTD IMPORT AND EXPORT OF TYRES AND ACCESSORIES
90. GOLDLINE (FZE) GHANA LTD USED/WASTE LEAD RECYCLING OF ACID BATTERIES
91. MET TRADE GHANA LTD RECYCLING OF USED LEAD ACID BATTERIES
92. A-Z PETROLEUM
PRODUCTS GHANA LTD LUBRICANTS & TANK FARMING
93. DOMINION OILFIELDS SERVICES LTD MANUFACTURING OF DIVING GASES
94. ANARCH GHANA LIMITED IMPORT & EXPORT OF
95. NICHE COCOA INDUSTRY LIMITED PROCESSING OF COCOA LIQUOR
96. HPW FRESH & DRY LIMITED PROCESSING OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
97. KORANCO FARMS LTD PROCESSING OF PINEAPPLES
98. ORO OIL GHANA LTD PALM OIL PROCESSING
99. KANY INVESTMENT
COMPANY GHANA LIMITED COCOA PROCESSING
100. NIM CASHEW &
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS LIMITED CASHEW NUT PROCESSING
101. EAI INFORMATION
SYSTEMS GHANA LIMITED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND DATA PROCESSING
102. CAGY GHANA LIMITED PROCESSING OF HIDES AND SKINS INTO LEATHER
103. SG SUSTAINABLE OILS GHANA LIMITED OIL PALM PLANTATION AND PALM OIL PROCESSING
104. WORLD CLOTHING COMPANY LTD GARMENT MANUFACTURING
105. IMMINIC OIL LTD PROCESSING CRUDE VEGETABLE OIL INTO BIODIESEL
106. SHEBU INDUSTRIES LTD PROCESSING OF SHEA BUTTER
107. BLACKSTAR FOODS LTD PROCESSING OF CASHEW NUNTS
108. STARLIGHT WEST AFRICA NATURAL RESOURCES LTD PROCESSING OF NATURAL PLAN PRODUCTS
109. ABELLON CLEAN ENERGY GHANA LTD MANUFACTURING OF WOOD PELLETS AND SOLID BIOFUELS
110. TAKORADI RENEWABLE ENERGY LTD PRODUCTION OF WOOD CHIPS
111. CCT ROPES & TWINES LTD MANUFACTURING OF FISHING NET AND ROPES
112. AGRONA COMPANY LTD FRUIT PROCESSING
113. RIDER STEEL GHANA LTD MANUFACTURING OF STEEL PRODUCTS
114. WAD AFRICAN FOODS LTD FRUIT PROCESSING
115. CANADA OPTICAL LABORATORIES LTD MANFACTURING OF OPTICAL LENSES
116. S. F INTERNATIONAL
COMMODITY COMPANY LTD COLOURED STEEL TILES MANUFACTURING
117. ECO-LOGISTICS LIMITED PALM OIL PROCESSING
118. CHIDWELL LIMITED MANUFACTURING OF BULK FRAGRANCE COMPOUNDS
119. GHANA OIL PALM DEV CO LTD PALM OIL PROCESSING
120. GN FOODS LIMITED MANUFACTURING OF TOMATO PASTE
2.) CLAIM 2: “Guinea fowls flew to Burkina Faso under John Mahama”
This claim by Bawumia is nothing but a deliberately contrived lie which Bawumia and his ilk continue to rehash. That the Vice President will continue to dabble in this cheap spin reveals how low he has descended.
There is absolutely no truth in this allegation.
Indeed, it is noteworthy to remind Bawumia and his likes that Manesseh Azuri Awuni, the journalist who investigated the guinea fowl production and marketing joint venture project by the Savannah Accelerated Development Authority (SADA) and the Asongtaba Cottage Industry is on public record to have refuted this claim.
Ghanaians will recall that the Guinea fowl story published by Manesseh Azuri had to do with an allegation to the effect that, Asongtaba Cottage Industry was paid by GYEEDA to train some youth in guinea fowl rearing but failed to do so; an allegation, the company refuted. It had nothing to do with Guinea fowls flying to Burkina Faso as claimed by the lying one, Alhaji Bawumia.
In a write-up authored by Manesseh Azuri Awuni which was widely published by the media on or about 20th December, 2018, Manesseh in refuting this lie, stated among other things that:
“I find it distasteful that we have reduced this serious scandal to a joke, which people laugh about as evidenced in the reaction that greeted the president’s remark. I say it is a joke because the guinea fowls did not fly. At no point did it emerge in my investigation that the guinea fowls had flown to Burkina Faso. And nobody said that anywhere.”
In any case, it should be obvious to any reasonable mind, that guinea fowls by their nature, are not migration birds and do not have the capacity to fly from Ghana to Burkina Faso.
Clearly, the ridiculous claim by Bawumia that Guinea fowls flew to Burkina Faso under the NDC/Mahama government is an outrageous lie that should be coming from a rabid NPP serial caller operating under a drunken stupor, not a Vice President and Head of the Economic Management team whose hopelessness has led to the collapse and bankruptcy of the Ghanaian economy.
Dr. Bawumia should for once take the people of Ghana seriously given the disastrous outcome of his hopeless leadership of the management team of our economy, and not be indulging in the nuisance comedy of the sort displayed on that campaign platform.
Apart from his obvious uselessness and rudderless management of Ghana’s economy, he has proven himself unfit to come anywhere near the leadership of this country due to his comical posturing.
The lying one, Alhaji Bawumia, must stop rehashing this ridiculous and senseless lie as it only undermines his own intelligence and makes a mockery of the high office he occupies.
SAMMY GYAMFI ESQ.
(National Communication Officer)